- 3/4 cup low-sodium Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water to form slurry
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (Sambal Holec or similar hot sauce)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dehydrated ginger
- 2 cups Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Roast Beef
- 1/4 cups Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Red Bell Peppers
- 1 cup reserved rehydrating liquid
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil (or other oil with neutral flavor)
- 2 green onions, washed and cut into 1/2-inch batons
- Small handful fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- In pot over medium heat, mix all sauce ingredients together.
- Put freeze-dried beef and bell peppers in a large bowl. Add boiling water, cover, then set aside to rehydrate.
- Cook green onions in oil in wok over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add meat mixture (reserve rehydrating liquid for now). Stir in 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, followed by cilantro, and then rehydrating liquid from the meat mixture. Stir well and turn off heat.
- Serve warm with sliced cucumbers, julienned carrots, lettuce, etc.